Psychology test

Today is the first time I psychologically tested by a person. A student of psychology department. My friends and I are asked to join the experiment while we were in the student centre and we agreed to become their white mice.

This is also the first time I walked in a lab in my college. We were to enter the lab one by one. The test was simple. It is a test carried out in groups of four. I am the fourth specimen, which I was told. There are 11 slides in total. We will be shown a shape. Then, we have to choose a shape which has the same size as the main shape.

For the first few slides, the other 3 'specimens' answered correctly. After that, I began to notice that some of the answers they gave made no sense at all but their answers are the same. It is like I was the extraordinary person giving different answers. They said "1, 1, 1" but I said "3" instead. It made me thought I have eyesight problems and I was totally confused.

After all the slides, I was explained that it was a study whether I will follow the others. The other 3 participants are actually her friends. They are just playing along, giving some wrong answers. Eventually, I am the only the white mouse there. And here comes the observation of the experiment... I was not influenced by them but I have 2 wrong answers and it was a good result.

After that, break was over and back to class. The test was quite fun although it was 5 minutes only.